19th International Symposium of Processability Approaches to Language Acquisition (PALA). 13–14 September 2019 at the University of Iceland
PALA 2019 will cover a wide range of topics relating to current research on Processability Theory and Second Language Acquisition including theoretical, empirical and applied issues.
- Transfer and metalinguistic awareness
- Transfer and phonology
- Transfer and bilinguals
- Dynamic variation and cognitive challenge
- The PT hierarchy
- CEFR and Teachability hypothesis
- Manfred Pienemann, Paderborn University: L2 profile analysis. What artificial intelligence can (and cannot) do.
- Gisela Håkansson, Lund University, Sweden/Østfold University College, Norway: PT, language typology and language disorders.
- Sigríður Sigurjónsdóttir, University of Iceland: A new syntactic construction in Icelandic: acquisition and diachronic development.
The symposium is open to everyone, with no participation fees, but participants are required to register in advance here.
PALA 2019 is organized by The Vigdís Finnbogadóttir Institute of Foreign Languages and The Linguistic Institute at the University of Iceland.