This is the homepage of the 8th Conference of the International Association of Literary Semantics (IALS). IALS 2019 will be held at the University of Iceland, Reykjavík, April 15-17.
The following scholars have accepted our invitation to give a plenary lecture at the conference:
– Dr. Jan Alber, Rheinisch-Westfaelische Technische Hochschule
– Dr. Barbara Dancygier, University of British Columbia
– Dr. Catherine Emmott, University of Glasgow
– Dr. Hannes Högni Vilhjálmsson, Reykjavík University
The theme of the conference is wor(l)ds.
– Conference opening, Monday 15th April, 12.45 (Lögberg 101)
– Conference dinner (the fish restaurant Messinn, Granda): Wednesday 17th April, 19.00.
– Conference excursion to Borgarfjörður (including Borgarnes, Borg á Mýrum and Reykholt): Thursday 18th April, 9.00-18.00.
Local organizing committee
– Jóhannes Gísli Jónsson
– Bergljót Soffía Kristjánsdóttir
– Anna Sigríður Guðfinnsdóttir Aðils
– Þórhallur Eyþórsson