We are pleased to announce that the 11th Nordic Dialectologists Conference will be held in Reykjavik on August 20–22, 2018. Please note the dates in your calendars.
The theme of the conference is “Language Diversity in the Digital Age”. The reason for choosing this theme is that we want to highlight new methods in language variation and dialect research, and the possible effects of digital technology and communication on the development of language varieties and dialects in modern society. At the same time, we wish to focus on linguistic varieties and dialects from a historical perspective, preferably by means of new methods. As usual at the Nordic dialectology conferences, however, all topics related to dialects and varieties are welcome.
The conference will be held at the University of Iceland, near Reykjavík city center. The participants are asked to book accommodation themselves. We have not booked a conference hotel, but there is a wide range of different accommodation options within walking distance of the university. We recommend that you book well in advance because there is high demand for accommodation in the Reykjavík area.
If you have questions or comments, do not hesitate to contact the organizers.
Please share information about the conference!
Welcome to Iceland in August 2018!
On behalf of the organization committee
- Thórhallur Eythórsson firstname.lastname@example.org University of Iceland
- Helga Hilmisdóttir email@example.com Árni Magnússon Institute for Icelandic Studies
- Helga Hilmisdóttir, chair, Árni Magnússon Institute for Icelandic Studies
- Thórhallur Eythórsson, University of Iceland
- Ari Páll Kristinsson, Árni Magnússon Institute for Icelandic Studies
- Ásta Svavarsdóttir, Árni Magnússon Institute for Icelandic Studies
- Eiríkur Rögnvaldsson, University of Iceland
- Margrét Guðmundsdóttir, University of Iceland
- Jóhannes Gísli Jónsson, University of Iceland